The man accused in the beating death of a Bangor musician accidentally recorded the assault on Facebook, according to a police affidavit.

Donald Galleck, 29, is charged with Depraved Indifference Murder and Intentional or Knowing Murder for the death of 40-year-old Jason Moody. Galleck pleaded not guilty in a Bangor courtroom on Tuesday.

Details of the attack were revealed during the hearing from an affidavit that's been sealed since Galleck's arrest. Moody was found unconscious at the intersection of Center and Cumberland Streets just after 10:30 p.m. on November 11,and died from his injuries two days later.

WGME-TV reports the incident began when Moody ask Galleck to leave his apartment when he started fighting with his girlfriend. According to the affidavit, the men went to a Curve Street apartment, where Galleck hoped to spend the night, but no one was home. As they walked away from the apartment, Galleck called a friend using the Facebook Messenger app on his phone, but accidentally sent it as a video chat request by mistake as he was putting his phone in his pocket.

The woman he called, whose identity has not been released, told police that, just before the video started, she heard a noise, and then heard Galleck accuse someone of hitting him. When the video started, she told authorities that she saw Galleck turn to the other man and punch him in the face. At that point, she said, Moody put his hands up and apologized, telling Galleck he was drunk, but Galleck hit him twice more, knocking him to the ground. She said Galleck grabbed Moody by the throat and bashed his head off the ground seven times. At that point, the woman says, Moody appeared to be unconscious and Galleck ran away. The woman said she then ended the chat. It's not clear, according to the affidavit, if the video was saved.

The State Medical Examiner determined that Moody died of "massive inflicted trauma to the brain," and his death was ruled a homicide. Galleck was arrested after another friend turned over a bloody sweatshirt belonging to him. Police found him hiding in a Fifth Street apartment and took him into custody.

More From WQCB Brewer Maine