Literacy Volunteers Of Bangor Could Use A Quick Hand
I saw a post from the Literacy Volunteers of Bangor Facebook page, and it caught my eye. I believe very strongly in what they do and the job they undertake every day is probably one of the most worthwhile and beneficial to the community as there is. Teaching adults to learn to read will literally change their lives in every way. They have countless success stories of students that have been able to lift themselves out of some life's messes, just by helping better understand the worlds around them.
In the coming weeks, they have a few small projects that are not very time consuming, and can be done by one or two people. In the email I received, they lay it out pretty simply as far as time and need. Here, take a peek:
- Data entry for training evaluations - estimated time 2-4 hours
- Flexible scheduling during the week of April 30th
- Basic computer skills helpful
- Tagging CLYNK bags & labeling folders - estimated time 2 hours
- Flexible scheduling during the week of May 7
- Annual Student Report mailing - estimated time 2 hours
- Tuesday, May 15 between 11 AM - 4 PM
- Annual Celebration Night mailing - estimated time 4 hours
- Thursday, May 17 between 11 AM - 4 PM
- Reminder calls for Annual Celebration Night- estimated time 2 hours
- Can be done from office or @ home, June 6-8
- 3-4 volunteers needed
As you can see, if you had just a couple hours to spare, these small jobs can get done for them in no time. And believe me, they'll really appreciate the help. They're a great bunch of folks with big hearts that love helping the community they live in. And now you have a chance to enjoy some of that same feeling.
Feel free to stop by their website, click on the contact link, and shoot them a message saying you'd love to help. You could also give them a call at 207-947-845, or even stop by their offices at 345 Hogan Rd in Bangor over near Eastern Maine Community College.
Many hands make light work, and work that benefits others is the most rewarding of all. So get in touch with the awesome folks at Literacy Volunteers of Bangor. They'll be glad you did. And so will you.