Eddington Fire Caused By Clothes Dryer
A fire that damaged a house on the Main Road in Eddington was sparked by lint in a clothes dryer.
The fire broke out sometime before 7 o'clock Wednesday morning at a house that sits across from the Eddington School. Fire officials say that the owner had put some clothes in the dryer, started it, and then left with his children. Lint in the dryer ignited in the basement and had spread to the attic by the time crews arrived. No one was hurt in the incident.
The Eddington Fire Department was aided by crews from Brewer, Holden, Dedham, Bradley, and Milford. The inside of the house sustained significant damage, but it's not considered a total loss, according to fire officials. The family, however, won't be able to live there for awhile. Fire officials advise cleaning a clothes dryer's lint trap frequently.