Brewer Fire officials say the homeowner got out safely when their North Main Street home caught fire.

The Brewer Fire Department was called to 1072 North Main Street Friday afternoon for what was first reported as an explosion. When crews arrived, they found the house fully involved in flames. Brewer Police closed off a portion of the road while crews from multiple agencies worked to get the fire under control.

Officials have determined the fire started with a propane explosion in the kitchen.

WFVX-TV reports the homeowner made it out safely and no firefighters were hurt in the effort. At last report, one of the owner's pets was still unaccounted for.

We'll update this story as more details become available.

6 Easy Ways to Keep Hungry Bears Out Of Your Yard

There's no sure way to keep the newly awakened bears out of your yard, but there are a few things you can do that will help prevent attracting them.

Must Visit Maine Ice Cream Shops

We've put together a list of some of the best ice cream stands and ice cream shops in Maine. Let us know what else needs to be on the list

More From WQCB Brewer Maine