The intent is not to ruffle any feathers. Especially turkey feathers.

Do what you want to do, and forget about public opinion.

If you want to drink pumpkin spice drinks when it’s 80 degrees, go for it.  This is America. Nobody tell us what we can and can’t do.

Get our free mobile app

Except yesterday Butterball, the turkey company, released their annual Thanksgiving predictions. Yesterday was August 31st.
Last I checked Thanksgiving was still the fourth Thursday of November. Like it has been forever. Well, almost forever. Ask Abe Lincoln.

Allan Baxter/Getty Images
Allan Baxter/Getty Images
loading...

So if you think that the arrival of pumpkin spice in August is too early, Thanksgiving turkey talk is much more than too early. It is way, way too early.

Thanksgiving is a little less than 3 months away.

And surprise, 90% of us plan to celebrate. Wonder what the other 10% do that day?

Turkey will of course be the main course, and Butterball didn’t predict which sides we will be serving.  Maybe it’s too early?

Since we have to work prices and inflation into all things Butterball predicts more of us will go with more of a potluck dinner, and some of us might include fewer people around the table.

Here’s the survey from Butterball 

Maybe this needs to be said

Quick word about Thanksgiving, and how important of a holiday it indeed is to us all.

When everyone is barraging us with this that and the other thing, maybe it would be a good idea to tune it all out and reflect on our day to day lives. The positive things that we can be thankful for, instead of the outcry of “It’s too early for Pumpkin Spice” or “The pandemic ruined Thanksgiving”.

Maybe we should all be more grateful. More thankful if you will.

#5. Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)
Paramount Pictures
loading...

Thanksgiving is not in a hurry. It’ll be here when it’s due, not a day earlier. And we will celebrate however we choose to celebrate. But maybe we can also be thankful just shy of 3 months early without worrying about who's bringing what just yet.

Maine's Most Hated Thanksgiving Food

From most loved to most hated food at Thanksgiving Dinner

Cruise this Aroostook County Scenic Byway for Endless Foliage Views

One of Maine's northernmost scenic byways is a perfect foliage cruise this fall. The Fish River Scenic Byway follow's a 38 mile stretch of Route 11 in northern Aroostook county. The byway begins in Portage Lake and winds it's way through the densely forested lands to Fort Kent. Along the way you'll see vast valleys of wildflowers, views of scenic Eagle Lake, and one huge hill that offers views of Mt. Katahdin. The trip ends, America's first mile.

More From WQCB Brewer Maine