21 Suspected ‘Johns’ Charged in Maine Prostitution Sting
A prostitution sting in central Maine has resulted in charges against 21 men for allegedly engaging a prostitute, according to police.
During the four-week investigation in Augusta and Waterville, authorities placed advertisements on the internet and social media pages, "resulting in the suspects arriving at a predetermined location with the expectation of having a sexual encounter in exchange for US currency with a person the suspects believed was a prostitute," according to a news release from the Waterville Police Department.
The person they encountered, however, was an employee of the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office.
Below is a list of the men charged in the investigation:
1. Paul A Michaud, 23, of Waterville
2. Rayfield A Dobbins, 42, of Augusta
3. Shawn M Buck, 38, of Clinton
4. Jacob B Vega*, 26, of Corinna
5. Warren D Graybill, 50, of Harpswell
6. Samuel E Hazlehurst, 38, of Troy
7. Dennis Glidden, 57, of Pittsfield
8. Brian McCrea, 55, of Bowdoinham
9. Trevor Dunn, 46, of China, Maine
10. Darrell Smith, 42, of Old Town
11. Guy Buck, 63, of Winthrop
12. James Raber, 71, of Augusta
13. Brandon Berry**, 27, of West Forks
14. William Boardman, 64, of Isleboro
15. Troy Shaw 44, of, New Glouster
16. Patrick Cazemajou, 51, of Camden
17. James Taylor, 58, of Berlin, NH
18. William Norwood, 50, of Manchester (Maine)
19. Walter Esancy, 54, of Appleton
20. Lewis Sukeforth, 50, of Searsmont
21. Mark Conley***, 61, of Raymond
*Vega also charged with Class D Misdemeanor Possession of a Scheduled Drug (Xanax)
**Berry also charged with Violation of Conditions of Release (he was on bail for criminal speed)
***Conley was arrested, not summonsed, and was also charged with Unlawful Trafficking in Crack Cocaine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
According to Maine law, the Class E misdemeanor is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
The Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault can provide information about sex trafficking and any individual who has been the victim of sexual violence (or who knows someone who has) can call 1-800-871-7741 for assistance.