ROAD TRIP WORTHY: New Hampshire Ice Castle Opens For The Season This Week
Over an acre of frozen winter wonderland will open for the season this week.
The New Hampshire Ice Castle will open for the season Thursday, Jan. 14. The Ice Castle is located at 24 Clark Farm Road, in North Woodstock. The location is just a few miles from its former location at the Hobo Railroad, in Lincoln.
This year's castle features massive turrets, archways, tunnels, ice thrones, ice slides and fountains that glow with colored LED lights frozen into the ice. According to NBC Boston, organizers are adding a quarter-mile magical forest walk, and a sledding hill. The added attractions are designed to encourage social distancing.
COVID-19 safety precautions will be in place. These include:
- Do not come to the ice castle if you or anyone in your party is feeling ill. Plan a visit when everyone is feeling well. If you already purchased tickets, they can be rescheduled for a different time.
- 6-foot distance must be maintained between groups.
- Guests and employees must wear masks or face coverings.
- Limited capacity within the ice castle.
- Frequent sanitization of high touch surfaces.
- Some areas of the castle will be one-way traffic flow.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available near the entrance, exit, restrooms, and concession areas.
Tickets go on-sale Monday, Jan. 11.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app