Investigators say an Orrington house fire started in the laundry room.

The fire on Snow's Corner Road was reported at 10:30 on Wednesday night and destroyed the house. Crews from several other towns were called in to help with the blaze that was complicated by a lack of a nearby water source. The homeowner was injured when he jumped from a second story window, but refused a trip to the hospital to get checked out.

WABI-TV reports investigators have determined the fire started in the laundry room. They aren't exactly sure what sparked the fire but say it could have been an electrical malfunction.

More From WQCB Brewer Maine