Bangor Apartment House Fire Displaces 10 Residents, 2 Cats Die
A huge apartment house fire on Union Street in Bangor Saturday claimed two cats, but all the residents made it out safely.
This story is tough for me to write. Two of the tenants are my son and his fiance. Luckily they were not home, at the time of the fire, but their two beloved cats, Daniel and Jamie, didn't make it. Several other cats in the building were rescued by Bangor Firefighters who fought the blaze that broke out just before 11:00 in the morning.
It took about 3 hours to contain the blaze, with smoke coming out all the windows of the four unit apartment building that sits at the corner of Union and Charles Streets. Flames could be seen shooting out of the first floor of my son's apartment. I'm just grateful that no one was hurt.
The State Fire Marshal's Office is now investigating how the fire started, but has said that it's not considered suspicious.
We'll update this story as more details are released.
This Tiny Garden House in Belfast, Maine is my Fairytale Dream Home
Top 10 Most Ridiculous Items For Sale in New England on Craigslist