It's a return to the in-person moose drawing tradition. This year, the drawing will be held in Jackman.
Prior to 2020, attending the annual moose lottery drawing was a tradition among hunters. For the past two years, however, that tradition has been paused due to COVID. Both the 2020 and 2021 drawings were conducted virtually via YouTube. This year will be a welcomed return to normality for the 2022 Maine Moose Lottery Drawing.
Prior to the cancelation of the in-person drawing in 2020, the town of Jackman was named to host the festivities. Now, after two years, the event will take place in town. The first-ever Jackman Region Moose Lottery Festival is Saturday, June 11. The one-day festival will celebrate the region’s outdoor sporting and forest products heritage, in conjunction with the lottery drawing.
- Moose Maine-iah Monster Truck Rides
- Moose Antler Field Judging Contest
- Ax Throwing
- Crosscut Sawing
- Face Painting
- Kids’ Games + Bounce House
- Live Music
- Beer Garden
- Unity/Sky Lodge Train Exhibit
- Jackman Moose River Historical Society Museum
- Great Maine Moose Hunt by Roger Lambert
- Moose Hunt Seminar by Big Woods Bucks
- "Tirdy Works” Comedy Show
- Moose calling contest
The moose permit drawing will take place from 2-5 p.m. The names of lucky hunters selected for a moose permit will be published online later in the evening.