Schizophrenia Simulator an Exercise in Empathy [VIDEO]
TV show host, Anderson Cooper, decided to try to understand the daily, moment-by-moment plight of someone with schizophrenia by subjecting himself to a simulator that mimics the sounds a schizophrenic hears while trying to perform daily tasks. What Cooper finds out is that a schizophrenic endures a troubling disease of the mind that few of us understand.
According to schizophrenia.com, the prevalence of schizophrenia worldwide is staggering?
- 6 to 12 million people in China (a rough estimate based on the population)
- 4.3 to 8.7 million people in India (a rough estimate based on the population)
- 2.2 million people in USA
- 285,000 people in Australia
- Over 280,000 people in Canada
- Over 250,000 diagnosed cases in Britain