Outage Totals For Friday Morning
It's been a long week for Mainers, especially for the 82,000+ residents who are still without power this morning.
As of 3:56 this morning, Emera Maine was reporting 12,400 customers still without power. 4,145 of those customers live in Hancock County, 590 in Northern Penobscot and Piscataquis counties, and 7,705 are in the remainder of Penobscot County. For a list of streets in each community that are still without power, click on your town on Emera's live outage map.
Central Maine Power updated their site with the latest totals at 5:56 this morning, reporting that 69,884 customers still don't have electricity. The outages are pretty evenly distributed around much of their coverage area, with the bulk of them in Kennebec County. Outage information is updated regularly throughout the day on CMP's live outage page.
Crews from Emera Maine, Central Maine Power, out of state line workers, and tree crews will continue to work today to restore electricity across the state. Again today, utility company officials are asking residents not to stop and talk with the crews because they are legally bound to stop working when someone approaches them, and so it slows the restoration progress.
The goal remains, this morning, to have 90% of customers back online by 10:00 tonight, with the other 10% expected to be on by sometime Saturday. There literally is light at the end of this tunnel, we just have to hang on for a little while longer. In the meantime, the Maine Emergency Management Agency continues to provide information about charging stations and warming centers on their website.