Extreme Levels Of Carbon Monoxide Send Two To Hospital
Two people were taken to the hospital Monday night from Hudson with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police and fire responded at around 7:00 Monday night after receiving a 911 call in which the caller was incoherent. When the Glenburn Fire Department checked the Hudson Road house, they told WABI-TV that they found an extreme level of carbon monoxide inside. The two people were transported to Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center for treatment. There's no word on their condition. Officials will now work to determine what caused the high levels of CO in the building.
Fire officials remind residents that the best defense against becoming a victim of CO Poisoning is to have working carbon monoxide detectors in the home. If the alarm goes off, leave the building immediately and then call 911.
The CDC lists the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning as headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.