Dixfield Man Suffers Serious Burns In Kitchen Fire
A Dixfield man is being treated for serious burns after a kitchen fire at his home.
78-year-old Richard Roberts was injured when his clothes caught fire as he was using a propane kitchen stove. According to the State Fire Marshal's Office, he suffered burns to 45 percent of his body. Investigators say he was heating water on the stove when the accident happened.
Roberts, who lives alone, was able to call 911. He was first taken to the Rumford hospital, but was later flown to a Portland hospital by LifeFlight. Officials say there was no fire damage to his home on Averill Hill Road.