5 Arrested on Drug Charges in Hancock County
Five people from Hancock County were charged with drug related crimes this week after authorities, acting on a tip, searched the home of a Sullivan man on Wednesday.
The Maine Drug Enforcement Agency opened an investigation earlier this week after receiving information about a suspected shipment through the US Mail of a synthetic drug known as Methylone, also known as “Molly,” to individuals in Sullivan. Authorities executed the search warrant at the Ashville Road home of Ronald G. Brown, 58.
About three 3 ounces of the drug valued at $6,000 was seized during the investigation.
The following five people were arrested:
- Ronald G. Brown, 58, Sullivan, Unlawful Trafficking in Schedule “W” Drugs Class B-Bail Set $1,000 Unsecured
- Charles J. Rayner, 48, Sullivan, Unlawful Trafficking in Schedule “W” Drugs Class B- Bail Set $1,000 Secured
- Jamie L. Brown, 34, Sullivan, Violation of Conditional Release Class E Unlawful Possession of Schedule “W” Drugs Class D -Bail $1000 secured
- Edward Muise, 39, Sullivan, Violation of Conditional Release Class E No Bail
- Samantha Polchies, 25, Sullivan, Violation of Conditional Release Class E No Bail
Methylone or “Molly” is a synthetic drug similar to “Ecstasy” or “Bath Salts.”
Authorities anticipate that some of the charges against these individuals could be upgraded and that others may be charged.