University of Maine Student Charged in Dorm Fire
A University of Maine student faces charges after a fire at one of the Orono campus' dormitories late Tuesday night.
David Szucs, 19, is charged with criminal mischief and reckless conduct, according to the State Fire Marshal's Office.
Fire Investigators say he placed a battery pack inside a microwave oven in a common room at Knox Hall. The fire that resulted destroyed the microwave and caused heavy smoke in the building.
About 20 students were in the building at the time. No one was injured as the building's alarm system was activated. The fire took place about 11:30 p.m..
Szucs was living off campus in Burnham.