Park passes are nearly half price for a short while.
December is a great time to purchase an annual pass to Acadia National Park. Through much of December, annual passes are $28. Normally an annual pass cost $55. Discounted annual passes can not be purchased online, only at select outlets.
Passes can be purchased at:
- Acadia National Park, Sand Beach Entrance Station
- Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce
- Southwest Harbor-Tremont Chamber of Commerce, at Harbor House.
- Ellsworth Chamber of Commerce
- Mount Desert Town Office
- Tremont Town Office
- Gouldsboro Town Office
- Winter Harbor Town Office
- Blue Hill Town Office
Passes can be paid for with either cash or check. Checks should be made payable to the National Park Service.
Entrance fees could be going up next year at Acadia National Park. The National Park Service is proposing an increase to entrance fees at Maine's only national park. The proposal suggests an increase by $5 for most entrance fees, and a $15 increase to annual park passes.
Proposed Acadia National Park Fees:
- Private Vehicle (7-day) - From $30 to $35
- Motorcycle (7-day) - From $25 to $30
- Individual (7-day) - From $15 to $20
- Annual - From $55 to $70
A 30-day public comment period is open from November 30, through December 29. Comments must be submitted online through the National Park Service Planning, Environment, and Public Comment website.
The new entrance fee would become effective starting in 2023, and required year-round.
15 Astonishing Natural Wonders Of Maine