Carrie Underwood, Loretta Lynn + More Duet With Willie Nelson on Upcoming ‘To All the Girls’ Album
When you pair the legendary Willie Nelson with some of today’s most influential female singers, you get a record that everyone will be talking about long after its release this fall. Appropriately titled ‘To All the Girls…’ the album combines Nelson’s iconic voice with those of Carrie Underwood, Loretta Lynn and many other phenomenal female voices.
Nelson hinted at the album earlier this spring, saying he was “looking forward to singing with all the girls in Nashville” if he got the chance. Apparently, he did. The 18-track album showcases the best of female country, bluegrass, Americana and gospel/soul singers in unforgettable duets with Nelson.
Included on the album in addition to Underwood and Lynn is a jaw-dropping list of the best female talent: Dolly Parton, Miranda Lambert, the Secret Sisters, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Wynonna Judd, Alison Krauss, Melonie Cannon, Mavis Staples, Norah Jones, Shelby Lynne, Emmylou Harris, Lily Meola, Brandi Carlile, Paula Nelson and Tina Rose.
Underwood is featured on the classic ‘You Were Always on My Mind’ which earned Nelson a Grammy for Best Male Country Vocal Performance in 1982, and the songwriters for the tune the songwriters won the all-genre Song of the Year Grammy, as well as the Grammy for Best Country Song. Lynn, a 50-year Grand Ole Opry member (almost 51!), joins the Red Headed Stranger on ‘Somewhere Between.’
‘To All the Girls…’ is truly an album that every country music fan will want to get their hands on as soon as it releases on Oct. 15.
Willie Nelson ‘To All the Girls…’ Track Listing:
1. ‘From Here to the Moon and Back’ feat. Dolly Parton
2. ‘She Was No Good for Me’ feat. Miranda Lambert
3. ‘It Won’t Be Very Long’ feat. The Secret Sisters
4. ‘Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends’ feat. Rosanne Cash
5. ‘Far Away Places’ feat. Sheryl Crow
6. ‘Bloody Mary Morning’ feat. Wynonna Judd
7. ‘Always on My Mind’ feat. Carrie Underwood
8. ‘Somewhere Between’ feat. Loretta Lynn
9. ‘No Mas Amor’ feat. Alison Krauss
10. ‘Back to Earth’ feat. Melonie Cannon
11. ‘Grandma’s Hands’ feat. Mavis Staples
12. ‘Walkin” feat. Norah Jones
13. ‘Till the End of the World’ feat. Shelby Lynne
14. ‘Will You Remember Mine’ feat. Lily Meola
15. ‘Dry Lightning’ feat. Emmylou Harris
16. ‘Making Believe’ feat. Brandi Carlile
17. ‘Have You Ever Seen the Rain’ feat. Paula Nelson
18. ‘After the Fire Is Gone’ feat. Tina Rose