January 11, 2013

Additional Information

Sam's Club in Bangor will recognize the six fire departments that responded to a fatal fire in Orrington in November. Each department will receive smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to distribute in their respective communities. Folks are invited to stop by on Friday and show their support.

Crews from Orrington, Bucksport, Eddington, Holden, Bangor, and Brewer responded to a horrible house fire on the Dow Road in Orrington on November 10th that took the lives of 30-year-old Ben Johnson III and his three children. Fire marshals determined that cardboard pizza boxes stored too close to the woodstove caused that blaze. Neighbors reported that they never heard smoke detectors going off, although family members say that Ben had just installed one.

Representatives from all six departments will be at Sam's Club in Bangor on Friday at 10am to receive the detectors. Folks are invited to stop by and show their support...and bring the kids because they'll have a couple of trucks in the parking lot!