Whoville, Polar Express, Santa, and Candy Cane Lane All-In-One Event Coming to Old Town
Celebrate the holiday spirit with a mashup of holiday favorites all in one event.
Saturday, December 11th at 4:30 PM visit Hamel Whoville on the 'Polar Express' to go visit Santa. After your ride, you'll be brought back to the Old Town/Orono Y and walk through Candy Cane Lane to collect some goodies.
Details for This Holiday Event
This two-and-a-half-hour event will have you checking out beautiful holiday lights while sipping cocoa. The evening will begin at the Old Town/Orono Y where 'Polar Express' riders will board a bus. 4:30 PM with departures taking place every half hour. The last departure will be at 6:30 PM.
Registration Is Limited
Registration is limited and must be done in advance, which is a first-come, first-served opportunity. Payment will be needed at the time of registration. The tour is $5 per child and $7 per adult. This year, a VIP option is available where you can bring a family of up to 14 people on the excursion for $75 with the bus all to yourselves.
COVID GUIDELINES FOR THIS EVENT
Here is what you can expect when it comes to the COVID protocols and guidelines
- Temperature checks prior to boarding the bus
- Mask wearing is required
- Social distancing is expected
- Hand sanitizer will be available when entering the bus
- Families will be sitting together for the train ride with a 6 foot distance between parties on the bus ride
- Bus will be sanitized prior to and following each bus ride
- Social distancing is expected throughout the stops and visits
25 Essential Things To Do In Orono
37 Essential Things To Do And See In Belfast
25 of Maine's Highest Paying Jobs
LOOK: 15 Unconventional Christmas Albums From the Past 50 Years