Voting Dates Set For Mayo, Northern Light Health Merger
Voting has been scheduled in nearly a dozen communities that will be affected by the proposed merger between Mayo Regional Hospital and Northern Light Health.
Before the merger can go through, all the towns that make up Hospital Administrative District 4 will have to ask for the public's approval, by holding polling days. Residents will be encouraged to vote to approve or deny the action during town meetings that will be held in each community. Dexter has already approved the measure, and voting dates have been set in all but one of the other 12 towns.
HAD#4 is the only Hospital Administrative District left in Maine. If the voters approve the plan to merge, the legislators from those communities will determine whether or not to submit legislation to change the HAD's charter, which would allow for the merger. Find more information about the process on the Mayo Facts website.
Voting days in the remaining towns are as follow:
- Cambridge - 10 a.m., Saturday, April 20, Cambridge Town Office, 202 Ripley Road
- Bradford - 6:30 p.m., Monday April 22, Bradford Town Hall, 345 East Road
- Milo - 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 23, Milo Town Hall, 6 Pleasant Street
- Monson - 6 p.m., Thursday, April 25, Monson Town Office, 10 Tenney Hill Road
- Abbot - 6:30 p.m., Thursday, April 25, Abbot Town Hall, 133 Main Road
- Dover-Foxcroft - 9 a.m., Saturday, April 27, Willimantic Town Hall, Elliotsville Road
- Parkman - 6 p.m., Monday, April 29, Parkman Town Office, 771 State Highway 150
- Atkinson - 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 29, Atkinson Town Office, 102 N. Stagecoach Road
- Guilford - 7 p.m., Monday, April 29, PCES Middle School Cafeteria, 25 Campus Drive
- Sangerville - 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 30, Sangerville Town Hall, One Town Avenue
- Sebec - To be determined