Smoke Detectors Save Resident From Greene House Fire
No one was hurt when a house in Greene was destroyed by fire on Sunday.
WMTW-TV reports the original call to firefighters was for a car fire beneath a home on Lake View Drive. The vehicle was parked in a garage beneath the house, and so caught the structure on fire.
Working smoke alarms alerted the homeowner, who was able to exit the building safely. Fire officials said fighting the blaze was challenging because of a lack of a nearby water supply. Crews had to relay on tankers to truck the water in.
The Sabattus Fire Department said in a Facebook post that the house is a total loss.