Lewiston Man Died After Clothes Caught Fire While Smoking
A Lewiston man was killed after accidentally catching his clothes on fire while he was smoking.
The State Fire Marshal's Office says 75-year-old Victor Lauze died Sunday evening, after being flown by Life Flight to Maine Medical Center in Portland. First responders found Lauze inside his second floor apartment at 104 Knox Street in Lewiston, with severe burns. They were called at around noon by Lauze's neighbors, who heard his smoke detector going off. He was first taken to Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, but was then transferred to Portland.
Fire investigators say there was little damage to the apartment.