All The Happenings For First Friday, Tree Lighting In Downtown Bangor
This Friday in Downtown Bangor, the First Friday of the month will take place as well as the annual holiday tree lighting. This combo will make for an exciting mix of Downtown events, opportunities, and deals.
The big tree lighting event will be happening around 5:30 but spans from 4 PM to 8 PM to walk around, duck into shops, grab some holiday gift items, enjoy the caroling and see the tree lighting, all in one night.
You'll get to take in the tree lighting event with the Bangor Area Youth Choirs caroling through the streets.
Here's what's coming this Friday in Downtown Bangor:
Parent's Night Out by the Maine Discovery Museum
Starting at 5:30 PM, parents can drop off the kiddos ages 5+ in order to walk the Downtown streets and get their holiday gifts. The museum will be providing special educational programs and free play for the kids while parents go out and "adult" in Downtown for a few hours. Register at this link.
Holiday Open House and Discounts at Maine Jewelry & Art
The store will be offering a tasting event of Maine's Own Treats products. You'll be able to get 10% off Maine's Own Treats products and try out their jams, jellies and syrups. You'll also be able to get 20% off ornaments for your Christmas tree. Additionally, purchases made in the store or online this Friday will enter you in for a $50 Maine Jewelry & Art gift card.
Later Hours & Discounts At Accents Home Furnishings and Décor
This Downtown business will be keeping the doors open until 7 PM, later than usual for the tree lighting. With that, you can take advantage of 10% off ornaments in the store. A nice little memento to bring back for your Christmas tree!
There are a lot more things happening among the Downtown businesses this Friday so, here's is a rundown of First Friday offerings from Downtown businesses this Friday:
- Antique Alley: open later, closing at 8 PM
- City Drawers and Man on Main: 10% back on purchase of $100 or more for a coupon to be used at a later time
- Designs By Aaron: Early shopping hours, beginning at 10 AM
- Headlines Salon: Open later, closing at 7:30 PM
- Valentine Footwear: Refreshments and free gift wrapping
- The Gemini Connection: featuring work by Rebecca Borja
- The Sohns Gallery at the Rock and Art Shop: a reception for 50 Maine artists
- Bangor Arts Exchange: performance of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' with the Heather Pierson Jazz Trio starting at 8 PM
- Nocturnem Draft house: Jazz with Bill Barnes Trio starting at 7 PM
- Penobscot Theatre Company performance of Miracle on 34th Street at the Opera House starting at 7 PM
- Penobscot Theatre performance for the adults of Who's Holiday- It's Christmas Eve starting at 7:30 PM at 51 Main Street.
- Benjamin's Pub: $3 tall domestic beers from 5 PM - 7 PM and $6 margaritas all night long.
- West Market Square Artisan Coffeehouse: Open late, until 7 PM
- Wild Flour Cake Design: two for $20 Cake Pints offer from 3 PM - 8 PM.
25 Essential Things To Do and See In Bangor Maine
25 Essential Things To Do In Orono
25 Maine Businesses With the Most Employees