Top 10 Reasons You Should Donate Blood at the 2014 Chill N’ Grill
The American Red Cross will hold its 2014 Chill N’ Grill at the Spectacular Event Center in Bangor on Saturday, June 14.
The event, now in it’s sixth year, will run from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. It’s a great time to help the American Red Cross save lives! Q-106.5 will be broadcasting live from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and our sponsor, Weebeez, will be there with coupons and homemade baked goods.
All presenting donors will receive:
- a coupon for a free day pass to a ME state park.
- a chance to win 2 Boston Red Sox tickets and
- to be honored as Blood Donor of the Game.™
- a chance to win a $200 VISA gift card courtesy of Suburban Propane
Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to schedule your blood donation appointment today.
Walk-ins welcome but appointments will have priority. Blood donor card or valid ID required. Please come show your support and give the gift of life!
Why should you donate? Here are the top 10 reasons:
- Every two seconds someone if the U.S. needs blood
- Each unit of blood donated can help save up to 3 lives
- Donating blood is a community responsibility and we must work together to make sure blood is available whenever a patient needs it
- Despite all medical and scientific advances, there is still no substitute for blood. Its only source is a generous volunteer donor
- Donated blood is used to help accident victims, trauma patients, transplant recipients, and those receiving treatment for life-threatening illnesses
- It is the blood on the shelves today that saves lives tomorrow
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood
- Blood is perishable and must be constantly replenished
- You never know when a friend, family member, or even you will need blood; blood must be available before it is needed
- The American Red Cross Northern New England Region (Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont must collect an average of 700 units of blood every day to supply the hospitals they serve.
See you there!