St Albans Camper Fire Kills Woman
A fire in a camper in St. Albans claimed the life of a West Newfield woman.
Scott Richardson with the State Fire Marshal’s Office says 48-year-old Connie Bailey was visiting family on the Corinna Road when fire broke out just after 6 a.m. Saturday. She was staying alone in a camper on the front lawn of the family’s home.
Investigators say there was no electricity to the camper, so she was using a candle for some light. Combustibles stored too close to the candle ignited and caused the fire.