Skowhegan Man Dies In Fire At Home
A 53-year-old Skowhegan man died in a fire at his mobile home on Friday.
The State Fire Marshal's Office says William Lashon's body was found Saturday afternoon while Skowhegan Police were conducting a well-being check. Officials say the fire was confined to a room Lashon had converted into a theater room and investigators believe it started as a result of faulty electrical wiring.
A neighbor and Lashon's mother, who also lives nearby, contacted police and asked them to check on the man because no one had heard from him since Thursday's snowstorm. Lashon worked as a projectionist at the Strand Theater in Skowhegan.
This is the first fire death of the new year in Maine.