Shriner’s Hospital Screening Clinics Saturday
Screening clinics will be held around the state this Saturday for Shriner's Children's Hospitals.
Children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate are eligible for free services through Shriner organizations. Shriner's hospitals is a network of 22 non-profit medical facilities across North America, with the closest facility in Boston. Care is given to children in a family-centered environment, regardless of the patient's ability to pay.
This Saturday, screening clinics are scheduled for several locations around the state, to find children eligible for the services of Shriner's Hospitals. There's no charge for the screening, and no appointment is necessary. Anyone who thinks they know of a child who could benefit from the program is encouraged to let their parents know about this valuable service.
More information about contact phone numbers can be found on the event's Facebook page. Screening Clinics on Saturday will be held from 9 to noon at the following locations:
- Anah Shrine Building, 1404 Broadway in Bangor
- Maine Coast Memorial Hospital, 32 Resort Way, Ellsworth
- Calais Regional Hospital, 24 Hospital Lane, Calais
- Aroostook Shrine Club, 390 Houlton Road, Route 1, Presque Isle
- Waldo County Shrine Club, 85 Northport Avenue, Belfast
- Dover-Foxcroft Area Mayo Orthopedics, 43 Dwelley Avenue, Dover-Foxcroft
- Lee/Pellon Center, 90 Main Street, Machias