Two people were injured and several families displaced by a fire at an apartment house in Auburn.

WABI-TV reports the fire was reported at around 9:30 Wednesday night for an apartment building at 495 Court Street. One woman was taken to the hospital with first degree burns and a second victim was treated for smoke inhalation. Residents reported missing pets but no animals were found at the scene.

Many families were displaced by the fire that heavily damaged the building. It's not clear yet exactly what sparked the blaze, but fire officials say it started on the first floor.