“‘Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy” and Other Misheard Lyrics
There's always one in a crowd. That person who just can't get the lyrics to the song right. And doesn't that make you crazy?! Some songs, more than others, have been consistently misheard over the years. Here are a few of my favorites!
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
- Misheard line - "Scuse me while I kiss this guy"
- Real Line - "Scuse me while I kiss the sky"
Traditional - We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Misheard Line - "Now bring us some friggin' pudding"
- Real Line - "Now bring us some figgy pudding"
Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Misheard Line - "You ain't never pornographic and you ain't no friend of mine"
- Real Line - "You ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine"
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Misheard Line - "There's a bathroom on the right"
- Real Line - "There's a Bad Moon on the rise"
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded by the Light
- Misheard Line - "Wrapped up like a douche, another rumor in the night"
- Real Line - "Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"
Toto - Africa
- Misheard Line - "I left my brains down in Africa"
- Real Line - I bless the rains down in Africa
And we have to finish off with a misheard country lyric....
Little Big Town - Boondocks
- Misheard Line - Five carb booger on Saturday night
- Real Line - Five card poker on Saturday night
Now, admit it....you're singing one of these songs to yourself, aren't you?!