Planting Purple Flowers for Cancer Awareness
A group looking to raise awareness about Pancreatic Cancer will be planting pretty purple flowers in Brewer this week. Stop by to help out, learn more about the Purple Iris Foundation, and maybe even take home a flower of your own!
The project, called “Plant Hope,” plans to plant purple iris bulbs across Maine, New England, and beyond to raise awareness about this terrible disease. The organization is the brainchild of Chris Parrish who is a 5-year survivor of pancreatic cancer. Chris survived, despite being diagnosed with Stage IV in 2008.
The kick-off for “Plant Hope” will be held at the Brewer Public Library this Wednesday from Noon until 1. Chris will be there to share her story and answer your questions. Purple Iris bulbs will be planted and, for a small donation you can take one home for your own garden!
Raffle tickets will be on sale, as well. Some of the prizes include:
- $100 gift cert. for Diversified Ink
- a genuine pearl necklace from Quality Jewelers
- a couple $25 gift cards from Dysarts
- a $25 gift card from Paddy Murphy’s
- a gift certificate for a 1 hour Psychic Reading from Sky Taylor
- a gift certificate for a 1 hour Reiki Session from Sky Taylor and much more!
ALL proceeds go to Relay For Life! Raffle Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5. Winners will be chosen on May 18th at Relay for Life!
For more information, log onto the Purple Iris Foundation website!