Pineapple Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
Make Your Own Pineapple Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
Sometimes it’s nice to mix things up when it comes to your BBQ. This recipe we found, courtesy of The Recipe Rebel, has the perfect mixture of something sweet, with a little bit of spice.
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 200ml pineapple juice (1 regular-sized juice box)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp garlic
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy!)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp corn starch
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Add all ingredients except for corn starch and water to a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to medium-low, simmering for 10-15 minutes until flavours come together.
- Mix equal parts corn starch and water. Slowly add to the sauce and stir, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve with pork, chicken or beef.