Orono Apartments Evacuated Due To Natural Gas Leak
Park Street in Orono was shut down and some nearby apartments were evacuated after a natural gas leak was reported Tuesday morning.
The Orono Fire Department responded to the scene and shut down part of the road in the area of the Orono House of Pizza shortly before 10 a.m.
Orono fire Capt. Bryan Hardison told the Bangor Daily News that a natural gas line was struck by an excavator that was being used for a water main project on Park Street.
Crews clamped off the broken ends of the pipe and shut down service to the line. The main line wasn't affected.