Murder Suspect Held Without Bail in Glenburn Teen’s Death
BANGOR, Maine -- The Orono man accused of killing a Glenburn teenager is being held without bail after a Wednesday morning appearance at the Penobscot Judicial Center in Bangor.
Dube's attorney, Stephen Smith of Bangor, said there have been a number of threats against his client since news of his arrest became public.
"We caution people to keep in mind in the United States obviously he is innocent until proven guilty," Smith said.
Dube turned himself into authorities on May 17 on unrelated charges.
Cable, a sophomore at Old Town High School, had been the subject of an intense search effort since she was reported missing by her parents on May 13. She reportedly told her mother on May 12 that she was going out to the driveway to meet someone she said she knew.