Man And Woman Suffer ‘Significant’ Injuries In Millinocket Assault
Maine State Police are investigating after troopers responded Tuesday night to an attack on a man and woman at a home on Massachusetts Avenue in Millinocket.
The victims suffered significant injuries, but police have provided no further details on the injuries. Both victims were initially taken to Millinocket Regional Hospital and later transferred to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor.
"The information that we have obtained so far indicates that someone, possibly more than one person, entered the residence and assaulted both victims," Lt. Troy Gardner of the Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit said in a press conference Wednesday in Bangor.
Police have not said if the suspects were invited into the home or if they forced their way in. It is also not clear if the victims knew their attackers.
Gardner declined to mention what type of weapon may have been used in the attack. Several media outlets reported Wednesday that the victims were shot, but Gardner would not confirm or deny those reports.
No arrests have been made and descriptions of the suspects were not provided. Gardner said residents should take steps to protect themselves and remain safe.
"Beware of what is happening around you. Beware of who's around you. Remember to lock your vehicle doors and keep your home secure. Remember to keep your cellphone with you and charged in the event that something happens and you need to make an emergency call."
Police said they expect to remain at the scene investigating the incident throughout the day on Wednesday, and it's possible they will remain at the home for the next couple of days, perhaps through the weekend.