Lewiston Crack Cocaine Bust Nets Five Arrests
Five people are facing charges in connection with a crack cocaine bust in Lewiston.
Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland says all five men are from Lewiston and were arrested on Wednesday. Drug agents have been working with Lewiston Police on an investigation into the trafficking of crack cocaine for the past three months. The investigation included the undercover purchases of the drug from the five men charged and the search of a residence at 101 Pine Street in Lewiston.
As a result of this investigation, the following people were arrested:
- James Earl Pontoo, age 34, charged with Aggravated Trafficking of Cocaine Base
- Shane Daniel Pontoo, age 30, charged with Unlawful Trafficking of Cocaine Base, Unlawful Furnishing of Cocaine Base
- Cain Robertson, age 26, charged with Aggravated Trafficking of Cocaine Base and Probation Hold
- Timothy Joseph Rodrigue, age 53, charged with Unlawful Trafficking of Cocaine Base
- Christopher 'CJ' McFarland, age 43, charged with Aggravated Trafficking of Cocaine Base
The men were transported to the Androscoggin Jail where bail was set at $10,000 cash for James Pontoo, $2,500 for Shane Ponto, $5,000 cash for Cain Robertson, $2,500 cash for Timothy Rodrigue, and $5,000 for Christopher McFarland. Rodrigue and McFarland made bail and were released while the other three are still behind bars. They're all due to make their first court appearances in Lewiston on Friday.
This investigation is ongoing and more arrests are expected.