July 4 Fireworks Shows In and Near Bangor [SCHEDULE]
Bangor's Fourth of July fireworks show draws thousands of people each year to the Queen City. Here's the rundown of what's going on in Bangor and the surrounding areas on Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
- First, the day starts off with a pancake breakfast at the Brewer Auditorium. The breakfast runs from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Price: $6 for Adults and $3 for children.
- Then, it's time for the annual parade, which will start on Wilson Street in Brewer at 11 a.m. and end in downtown Bangor.
- The Chords for the Cure concert starts at 2 p.m. at Darling's Waterfront Pavilion featuring the Stone Doctors. There's music until 9:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- Fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. on the Penobscot River.
If you find yourself closer to the coast, Bar Harbor also hosts a popular July 4 celebration featuring a craft fair, parade, lobster races, fireworks and more.
- The festivities start with a blueberry pancake breakfast at 6 a.m. at the Bar Harbor Athletic Field on Park Street.
- The parade starts at 10 a.m., followed by the seafood festival and the annual lobster races at 11 a.m.
- The Fireworks over Frenchman's Bay are set to start at 9:15 p.m.
Here are some other fireworks displays in the area. All displays start at 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Boothbay Harbor will hold its fireworks display in the harbor on July 4.
- Bath Heritage Days will include a fireworks display over the Kennebec River on July 4.
- Central Maine Fourth of July will feature fireworks at the Clinton Fairgrounds.
- The city of Eastport will display fireworks at dusk on the waterfront on July 4. The display is part of a huge Fourth of July celebration in the city. (Seriously, if you haven't been to this one, check it out some year.) The U.S. Navy is sending the destroyer USS McFaul and its crew of approximately 280 sailors to attend the massive celebration.
- Deer Isle-Stonington will display fireworks as part of a full day of activities.
- Fireworks displays are also scheduled in towns including: Auburn, Belgrade, Camden, Wiscasset, Portland, Machias, Phippsburg, Rangeley, Southwest Harbor, Lubec, Freeport, Searsport and Greenville.
If you're looking to buy your own fireworks, here's a list of places in and around Bangor to do just that.