The State Fire Marshal’s Office continues to investigate a fire early Sunday morning that displaced 13 residents of a transitional home in Dresden.

According to a news release sent out by the fire marshal's office on Monday, the fire at the Freedom Center on Gardiner Road "started in the rear of the building, near the electrical entrance to the building."

That area also was the designed smoking area for residents.

The release said an electrical inspector will assist fire investigators on Tuesday.

A dog was killed in the blaze, but the eleven residents who were home at the time of the fire were already outside of the building when firefighters arrived.

The building is considered a total loss.