Holiday Shopping at Local Craft Fairs
Whether we want to admit it or not, it's November. And that means it's time to start thinking about what we're going to give for gifts this Christmas. Craft and gift fairs are great for picking up unique gifts for loved ones! You could get a cute sign, teasing the fisherman in your family about his obsession. Or a beautiful pair of handmade earrings for your Mom! Here's a list of a few craft fairs going on in our area this weekend.
- The Airport Mall in Bangor will be filled with crafters this Saturday.
- 24th Annual Bangor Arts and Crafts Show will be held at the Bangor Auditorium Saturday, 9am to 5pm and Sunday, 10am to 4pm, featuring United Maine Craftsmen, and a gift giveaway every hour.
- The Sunshine Club for Children will hold their Holiday Market Craft Fair at the Anah Temple Shrine Center in Bangor Saturday from 9am until 3:30. Proceeds help provide transportation for children to Shriner's Hospitals.
- The Bangor Fine Arts and Crafts Show - Designing Women will be held Saturday at the Center For Family Business at Husson College, 9am to 4pm.
- The Dedham Craft Fair will take place at the Dedham Church on Route 46 in Dedham Village on Saturday, from 9am to 3pm, featuring local crafts, raffles, and home baked food.
- There will be a Craft and Vendor Fair at the Calvary Chapel Gymnasium, 154 River Road in Orrington on Saturday from 8am to 2pm. Admission is $1 for adults, children get in free. Shop from a variety of local crafters and businesses as well as vendors in one convenient location! Proceeds will benefit the Calvary Chapel Christian School.
- The St. Benedict Catholic Church will hold their annual Bazaar from 4:30to 6:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday at the parish hall, featuring crafts, a food sale, and a cake auction.
- Veazie Congregational Church will hold a Christmas Church fair on Saturday from 8am to 2.
- The First United Methodist Church, 40 South Main Street in Brewer will hold its Church Bazaar on Saturday from 8am to 2, featuring an old fashioned "Suppah" luncheon.
Keep track of the many, many craft fairs in Maine at the Info Maine Website! And if you know of a craft fair we missed, list it in the comments section below so we'll all know about it! Thanks and happy shopping!