Fire Damages Five-Unit Apartment Building In Bangor
Six people were displaced by a fire that burned an apartment building on Charles Street in Bangor Tuesday afternoon.
The fire in a second-floor apartment in the five-unit building began around 1:30 p.m., reports the Bangor Daily News.
Firefighters said all of the tenants got out safely, but a cat belonging to a woman who lives there was killed in the fire.
An investigator from the state fire marshal’s office said the blaze began on the stovetop and was accidental.
The fire was contained to the apartment in which it began, but the tenants of the other units won’t be allowed to return until power has been restored and the smoke damage has been taken care of.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced tenants.