Dixfield Man Burned In Kitchen Fire Dies
An elderly Dixfield man, who was badly burned in a kitchen fire, has died from his injuries.
78-year-old Richard Roberts was hurt last week when his clothes caught fire as he was heating water on a propane kitchen stove. The State Fire Marshal's Office said he suffered burns over 45 percent of his body.
Roberts lived alone, and had called 911 himself. He was first taken to the Rumford hospital, then flown by LifeFlight helicopter to Portland, where he succumbed to his injuries on Monday evening.
This is the second fire death of the year in Maine. The first was a Skowhegan man who died in a fire officials say was likely caused by faulty electrical wiring.