Carbon Monoxide Detector Alerts Tremont Man To Fire
Tremont Camper Fire
A recently purchased CO detector is being credited with alerting a Tremont man to a fire that consumed his camper.
The man was awakened early Sunday morning by the sound of the detector going off. He quickly discovered flames coming from the hose of a propane heater and tried to put it out himself. Despite his efforts, the flames spread to the wall and contents of the 24' camper. He and his dog were able to escape with non-life threatening injuries.
Firefighters arrived shortly after 5:30 a.m. to the Cape Road residence and found the camper consumed in flames. The Tremont Volunteer Fire Department was assisted by department's in neighboring communities.
The camper was a total loss.