Black Friday Shopping Tips
It's almost here...the craziest shopping day of the year! People will line up for hours, waiting to get into their favorite stores, to buy big-ticket items for a greatly reduced price. Here's our guide to Black Friday deals in the Bangor area. If you're going to shop successfully on Friday, you need to remember a few important tips.
Obviously, you need to have a strategy! Here a few shopping tips from the Huffington Post....
- Check out the fliers ahead of time, and plan where you're going and what you're looking for. These deals go really fast, so make sure you KNOW what you're looking for!
- Get plenty of sleep! You want to be well-rested and refreshed to handle marathon shopping.
- Make a list. Again, these deals go fast, so you want to make sure you know exactly what you want. For instance, if you're buying a TV, make sure you write down make, model, and size.
- Take a friend! They can help you carry things, help you find things, and hold your place in line when you have to pee!
- If you're buying clothing, go in to the store a few days early and try some of the items on. Again, know exactly what you want...size, color, etc. You don't want to waste time on Friday trying things on.
- Get up EARLY!! Some of these lines start at midnight or so. Commit to being in line for a long time before you get into the store. Otherwise, you might miss out!
- Light layers are important. You may be chilly standing in line outside the store, but you'll be warm once you get inside.
- Hydrate! Make sure you have plenty of water and a few light snacks to get you through. If you pass out while shopping, these people will step over you and get the best deals!
- Ditch the credit cards! To prevent yourself from being tempted to overspend with all the great deals, take just what you need. Make it a happy Black Friday, not a "I can't believe I spent my credit limit" day!
- Finally, be as polite as you can. That flat-screen TV is just not worth getting into a fist fight.
Any tips you can think of that I missed? Add them in the comments section below!