I'll never forget the time one of our dogs found a chocolate candy bar in my son's room and devoured the entire thing. Certain chocolate can be deadly for dogs, so we hurried to the emergency vet clinic to get some help. Our dog survived, but how terrible it was just thinking our beloved pet's life may have ended in the next few hours.

Today, I hear that there have been a number of dog and cat deaths linked to jerky treats that have been imported from China. To date there have been 3600 sicknesses and 580 deaths related to the treats. I feel so terrible for the pet owners. What's in the treat that's causing the problem?

ABC news has the latest: