A Common Battery in our Home Can Cause Fires [VIDEO]
Subscribe to WQCB Brewer Maine on
Many of us take all the necessary precautions when it comes to preventing fires at home. But I bet there’s one thing in your home that can cause a fire that you haven’t even given a second thought–the 9V battery. That’s right, the very same item that we’re reminded to replace in our smoke detectors every year. Don’t worry, it’s not what happens inside the devices we put them in, but it’s how we dispose of them.
One family lost their home because of an improperly disposed of 9V battery. How does it happen? Well, the family that lost their home decided to use their misfortune as a lesson for the rest of us. In the video you will learn how to dispose of a 9V battery the right way.
Please watch the video and pass it along to as many people as you possibly can. It may save your home and possibly the lives of those you love.