80 Year-Old Woman Accidentally Swallows $5K Diamond at Charity Event [VIDEO]
Having worked in radio for many years, I've seen and been part of many a promotion. And on occasion a promotion had a glitch or two to be worked out, but nothing has gone terribly wrong. Unlike a charity event for wealthy ladies recently, where the main prize was consumed by a chugging 80-year-old.
Here's the setup: A number of wealthy ladies got to together to raise money for a charity. Someone had the bright idea of placing fake diamonds in glasses filled with champagne. One of the glasses contained a real diamond valued at $5K. An 80-year-old apparently was a bit on the thirsty side and somehow ended up swallowing the stone.
Ummm...let's just say it all came out in the end.
ABC News has the story: