These Are the 10 Dumbest Reasons People Have Used to Call in Sick to Work
Sometimes, honesty is not the best policy.
A new poll of 3,100 employees and 2,200 hiring managers has come up with the most absurd reasons people have actually used for calling in sick.
Brace yourself. This is some serious creativity and makes you wonder why they don't use this same out-of-the-box thinking while on the clock to make their companies some more money.
10 Most Ridiculous Excuses for Calling in Sick
1. Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
2. Employee’s plastic surgery for enhancement purposes needed some "tweaking" to get it just right.
3. Employee was sitting in the bathroom and her feet and legs fell asleep. When she stood, up she fell and broke her ankle.
4. Employee had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
5. Employee woke up in a good mood and didn't want to ruin it.
6. Employee had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where he was.
7. Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn't get out.
8. Employee had a gall stone they wanted to heal holistically.
9. Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
10. Employee accidentally got on a plane.
Getting out of work is about as popular as casual Fridays, with 28% of employees calling out sick even though they feel fine. So, why do workers want to skip work:
- 30% just weren’t in the mood to go
- 29% wanted to relax
- 21% had to go to the doctor
- 19% needed to sleep
- 11% claimed it was the bad weather